Here’s your chance to see Peter Murray, The Whitlams, Diana Anaid and a stellar line-up of hot artists at the Melting Sunsets music festival.
The Kingston Butter Factory Cultural Precinct opens up for what it was designed for – an open-air concert which attracts locals and visitors alike to Logan.
So grab your friends and get along to see Australia’s hottest artists performing live onstage.
The event runs into the night from midday with plenty of food trucks and bars on-site to satisfy everyone’s thirst and appetite.
Book tickets at loganarts.com.au, or to enter the competition, email your name, mailing address and contact number to email@example.com with “MELTING SUNSETS” in the subject line.
In the body of the email, answer the following question: What date is Melting Sunsets?
- Please note: entries with the wrong subject line will not be valid.
- The competition closes at 5pm on Monday, May 23, and the winner will be notified by email by 5pm Tuesday May 24.
- Terms and conditions are at mycitylogan.com.au
Those people without access to email and who wish to enter the competition, are able to text their details to 0477 316 892.
Headlining the inaugural festival will be none other than multi-platinum selling Pete Murray, who has released seven albums over an impressive career and is one of only a few Australian artists with over 1 million album sales under his belt.
He has received 17 ARIA nominations throughout his career. Murray’s first three albums all reached #1 on the Australian music charts and his first album FEELER reached #1 and remained in the Top 100 for two and a half years.
Joining him will be Aussie favourites, The Whitlams, who will be looking forward to bringing their full band back on the road for what is set to be an unmissable setlist.
Along with two of Australia’s most prominent singer-songwriters, Alex Lloyd who is celebrating 20 years of his hit song, Amazing. And the wonderful, Indie alt-rock Diana Anaidand her band blasting out powerful tunes for everyone to sing-along.
Be treated to the incredible local talent of funk lords from the Gold Coast, Heavy Wax, who will no doubt get the party started.
Good Will Remedy harness all that’s good from country, alt-country and rock, and mix it all together in a southern fried feel-good alt Country-esque Americana style that’s all their own.
Plus Logan legends, Stapylton Street and up and coming rising country star, Briana Dinsdale opening up for what is set to be an incredible day of live music, great friends and a festival that Logan can truly call our own.
Getting to the event couldn’t be easier. Just jump on a train on the Brisbane-Gold Coast Line direct to the Kingston Train Station which backs on to the venue.
Train travel is free on presentation of an event ticket. Timetables are available on the TransLink website and by calling 13 12 30. You can also plan your journey using their Journey Planner. Buses get you there on established Translink routes. Parking is also available.
Don’t miss out! Grab your tickets, your mates and your picnic blanket for a day to remember at Logan’s new home of live entertainment.
Terms and Conditions:
MyCity Media Melting Sunsets Competition 2022
2. This is a game of skill with entrants answering a question in order to win the prize.
3. Entry is open to persons over 18 years of age and Queensland residents only. Only one entry per person is permitted. All duplicate entries will be removed prior to the prize draw.
4. Promotion commences on Monday, May 16, and closes at 5pm Monday, May 23, 2022. Promotion will be via www.mycitylogan.com.au and MyCity Logan printed edition.
5. There is one (1) prize to be won for the duration of the competition. The draw will take place at 4pm, Tuesday May 24. The winner will be notified by email. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Prize Details are as follows:
Minimum total prize value: $178.
8. All above prizes include GST. This prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other prizes. Prize value is recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and is correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
10. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
12. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
13. The promoter is MyCity Media, ABN 46 716 990 054, Australia.